Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Red Envelope Campaign Against Abortion


If you know me at all you know how against abortion I am. It has become a really personal issue for me since I became a mother. The Lord has impressed upon my heart how much it grieves Him when one little one is taken from this life. Our church has become involved with the Red Envelope Campaign. If you haven't heard about it it is a simple way we can stand against abortion and stand up for these littles ones. All you need is a red envelope (or red construction paper folded up) a stamp, a pen, and a voice. On the back of the envelope you simply write:
"This envelope represents one child who died in an abortion. It is empty because that life was not allowed to offer anything to the world. Life begins at conception."
Send the envelope to:
President Barack Obama
White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500
It is the hope of the Red Envelope Campaign to flood the White House with at least 50 million envelopes- the number of babies who have been killed since Roe v. Wade.
I have been so convicted that I can't just stand by and expect someone else to stand up. It is my responsibility to stand up for Christ and His Word and for these babies. God bless you! And please take a minute to send a Red Envelope of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment